Privacy statement CUTA
GDPR – general data protection regulation
The Coordination Unit for Threat Analysis (CUTA) attaches great importance to the protection of your privacy, your personal data and the fact that your privacy is respected. By means of this declaration, CUTA strives for maximum transparency with regard to how your personal data are handled in the context of this website and its use. The personal data that are processed are the data by which you can be directly or indirectly identified, such as your first name, surname, e-mail address and IP address, etc.
CUTA collects your personal data in the following situations:
– You surf on the CUTA web pages. In your browser, they start with https://cuta.belgium.be. When a link takes you to another portal site, website, online application or social network, the conditions for processing the personal data of those services apply;
– You contact CUTA.
Your personal data will be protected on the basis of:
– European Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (which entered into force on 25 May 2018) on the protection of personal data (hereinafter referred to as GDPR) and Belgian regulations on the protection of privacy with regard to the processing of personal data. This privacy statement may be amended when new legal obligations have to be met or when new functions are added to our website. It is therefore advisable to consult this statement on a regular basis. This version of the privacy statement dates from 16/11/2020.
1.1. Legal basis and purposes of the processing
CUTA ensures that only the data strictly necessary for the processing of your request are collected and processed.
In addition, CUTA also collects and processes data in an anonymous manner.
– for statistical and qualitative purposes, to improve our services;
– to provide you with an answer in your language.
If your request for information or services is intended for another administration, CUTA will provide you with the details of that administration. You are then free to contact them.
1.2. Processed data
The personal data collected and processed automatically relate to two situations:
– You consult one or more pages: your data are treated anonymously in order to get an idea of the number of consultations on the website that you carry out (IP address).
– You can contact us by means of the contact form: the information you provide is your first name, your surname and e-mail address and the metadata that may or may not be linked to your e-mail.
Data that are not of a personal nature are also automatically collected without a link to your IP address and thus respecting your anonymity. They are used to compile statistics and to improve the content of the website. These include the choice of language and the keywords used.
1.3 The processing manager
CUTA, represented by its Data Protection Officer (DPO), is responsible for the processing of the personal data it handles in the context of the execution of its legal assignments. This means that it determines, alone or together with others, the purpose of and the means for processing these personal data.
1.4 The period of retention:
– of your IP address is 12 months
– of the cookies is 13 months
– of the exchanges via the contact form (link sends an e-mail) is 24 months
Your data will not be transferred to other institutions.
CUTA guarantees the security (integrity and confidentiality) of your personal data. Among other things, they are protected against unauthorised access, unlawful use, loss and unauthorised changes. CUTA uses security techniques and procedures for this purpose, which are not described in detail here for security reasons.
Appropriate measures are taken on a physical, technical and organisational level to guarantee a level of security appropriate to the risks.
1.6. Right of access, rectification, transferability, objection, erasure …
You have certain rights with regard to the personal data handled by CUTA: the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to transfer your data, the right to object, the right to have data erased, etc.
CUTA will process your request within 15 working days. If your request is complex or if our services have to deal with a large number of requests, the period will be extended by a further 15 working days.
To exercise your rights, please fill in the contact form for our Data Protection Officer (DPO), together with a scan or a copy of your identity document with your signature on it.
If you feel that CUTA has not processed your personal data in accordance with the applicable regulations, you have the right to request a copy of your personal data.